Sunday, September 2, 2007

old photographs (original scan added)



Michele had to find an old picture of herself to take to a party she was going to so she was digging through photo albums and came across an old Polaroid taken of her (in Italy we think) as a very small child. I did a quick restoration of the photo then changed it to black and white to enhance the contrast and detail. I have posted the "before and after" images.

Michele and I have been married for almost ten wonderful years now and I have to say that I love and respect her more now than ever. She has a great heart, loves Jesus, is creative and thoughtful. She is committed to doing the right thing and loves and cares about people in a way that I would like to.

And to top it off, she still has the little girl inside that likes to laugh, have fun and swing her feet because she can't reach the floor. :)

9 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

DP,
Thanks for your recent comment on my Blog.

I've already had your new blog listed in my links for about a week now, I'm glad you've begun to post on it. I'm also glad you're using one of my photos of you guys in your custom header, good choice ;)

Thanks for sharing some insight into your relationship with your wife. I hear a lot about the difficulties that married couples have sometimes, I'm glad you shared how your love has grown for her over the life of your marriage so far. I'm encouraged when I hear more things like that.

This image has a look to it that makes it appear older than it really is. I think it's the environement of the setting.

Gabriella said...

That is very true....Michele's feet sometimes can't reach the ground...LOL.

Welcome back to the world of blog!

Gabriella said...

I still don't understand why we couldn't find you and Michele Sunday night outside of Cold Stone...hmmmm....??? Were you guys using your super powers and became invisible for a while??

David Pentecost said...

yeah the cold stone thing was wierd...I think you guys were purposely hiding and trying to sneak up on us.

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

I was a year and a half there and it was Italy. I still swing my legs because it's FUN, not just because I can't reach the floor, though it helps! :) I love you very much too, David.

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

I really like your new header. You are very talented!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

DP,
Yes, you did a great job on this indeed, dude.

~Brenda said...

You gave Michele’s childhood picture new life!

She looks so happy and content swinging her legs.

Pictures like this are priceless!
My husband has restored lots of photos from days gone by.

A.K.A. Chad’s mom

Extreme Canine said...

Michele is cute! Come check us out!